Laboratory Technician II (Lab Support Coordinator)
Numinus Wellness Inc.
Position: Laboratory Technician II (Lab Support Coordinator)
Status: Full Time Employee
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Head of Laboratory Operations
This position is for the analytical testing laboratory located in Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island, BC.
Numinus envisions a world where all people are empowered to discover healing and wellness. That’s why we’re creating solutions to develop and deliver cutting-edge psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and transform the mental health landscape.
Since our public listing in May 2020, we have been creating the building blocks to the foundation of our company with the goal of providing access to safe, evidence-based use of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies. These building blocks include:
- Will have raised a total of approximately $25m by the of December 2020;
- Acquired MindSpace, a full service well-being organization who is pioneering psychedelic programming, having 3 operating clinics in Montreal;
- Collaboration with MAPS Public Benefit Corporation to seek approval to deliver MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD through a single arm open label trial;
- Signed agreement with Syreon to undertake a compassionate access clinical trial of psilocybin-assisted psychotherapy for substance use disorders;
- Becoming the 1st Canadian public company to legally harvest Psilocybe Mushrooms.
Numinus Bioscience is in search for a responsible and experienced lab technician II /lab support coordinator to support the analyst team and enable smooth and effective function of the facilities. The ideal candidate for this critical role will have laboratory experience, is able to work in a high pace environment and has experience working in a regulated, GMP/GLP environment. This position is for the analytical testing laboratory located in Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island, BC.
- Receive and log incoming samples (or specimens) into the current database
- Manage the ordering of consumables from external suppliers
- Manage chemical reagent orders from external suppliers
- Monitor and maintain the levels of regular laboratory supplies
- Receive and log incoming laboratory supplies and consumables into the current database
- Prepare, maintain and monitor internal requisitions and purchase orders
- Act as the first line of support for equipment maintenance/repair
- Be responsible for local asset management, scheduling and inventory
- Co-ordinate the removal of waste from labs including provision of a local solvent bulking service
- Follow SOPs in carrying out routine tasks
- Adhere to correct procedures, policies and health/safety guidelines
- Keep abreast of all industry developments and best practices
- Maintain work area and equipment clean and tidy
- Participate in training of new technologies, methods and other professional development activities
- Provide administrative assistance as needed
- Perform other reasonable duties as deemed necessary
- One or more years of experience in a laboratory setting
- Computer literacy (MS-Office, Vendor specific instrument software)
- Knowledge of databases and ordering systems
- WHMIS training and First Aid Certificate
- Current driver’s license
- Post‐secondary school education or equivalent experience (Diploma, B.Sc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Fast, effective and accurate work ethics with close attention to details
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Aptitude for technical and practical matters
- Strong team player with experience in a high-quality customer service operation
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure to balance conflicting deadlines
- Able to obtain a clean criminal record check
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality.
As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.