Numinus is on a mission to help people heal and be well. The costs of mental illness, addiction and trauma are high - that’s why we’re developing new treatments and approaches that use the most rigorous, up-to-date research and methodologies to support solutions for healing. We are a public company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol NUMI.
Numinus envisions a world where all people are empowered to discover healing and wellness. That’s why we’re creating solutions to develop and deliver cutting-edge psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy and transform the mental health landscape. Numinus’ medical team is expanding to find a vision and mission aligned person to join the team as a Medical Writer. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the full-time position is a hands-on role that is responsible for assisting with a range of writing tasks including the writing and editing of clinical, research and other written materials including patient facing descriptions of therapeutic treatments available through Numinus’ programs as well as writing required to support the laboratory activities. Experience and track record of strong writing skills is required for the role.
The Medical Writer collaborates with members of cross-functional teams to prepare high-quality protocols and other research documents,, regulatory documents, clinical publications, and related clinical documents within agreed-upon timelines.
- Full-time (40 hours per week) contract as a consultant for initial 3 months
- Remote, reporting into Vancouver, BC
- Reporting to: Chief Medical Officer
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare, edit, and finalize protocols, investigator brochures, synopses, regulatory documents and related clinical documents
- Ensure that the content, format and structure of their documents comply with regulatory, journal, or other guidelines
- Review and proofread materials to check quality and scientific accuracy
- Monitor deadlines and ensuring projects are delivered on time so they can dovetail with other company-wide projects
- Works closely with the study team to ensure that results and messages in clinical documents accurately reflect the data from the information sources
- Schedules and conducts document-related meetings including the preparation of pre-meeting agenda, key data points for discussion, and post-meeting minutes
- Collaborates with medical practitioners, to interpret study results and ensure study results and interpretations are accurately and clearly reflected in relevant documents
- Manages the document review process ensuring conflicting and/or ambiguous comments are clarified and appropriately addressed
- Completes documents according to agreed-upon timelines and follows up with the study team as needed to meet internal and external timeline commitments, and to ensure SOP and regulatory compliance
- Other duties and projects as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or diploma from a writing program preferred; a degree in Health Sciences or Psychology an asset
- Experience with scientific writing, including searching research databases (e.g. pubmed.com) as well as the use of citation management software (e.g. Endnote)
- Proven experience from an established writing environment and/or with peer-reviewed publication or a capstone or thesis from a masters (or PhD) program or at least one year experience writing in an institutional, corporate or clinical environment with skills in knowledge translation including experience with making technical language available to a lay audience
- Working knowledge of writing research SOPs an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, multi-task, and work effectively under
pressure; adapt to change as needed; possess excellent project management skills; attentive to
- Ability to communicate with teams to set realistic timeline expectations; demonstrated ability to
deliver within agreed internal and regulatory timelines; monitor and communicate progress against
milestones; escalate complex issues appropriately.
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening, and influencing skills; establishes and maintains professional and productive working relationships with team members
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, you will be required to set up an office in your home in order to carry out the accountabilities of your role. If necessary, Numinus will provide you with a laptop. Should you require other equipment for your role, you will work closely with the Chief Medical Officer.
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.