Numinus is on a mission to help people heal and be well. The costs of mental illness, addiction and trauma are too high - that’s why we’re developing new treatments and approaches that use rigorous, up-to-date research and methodologies to support solutions for healing. We are a public company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol $NUMI.
We have an opportunity for an Office Administrator to join our Numinus Bioscience team in Nanaimo, on a full-time hourly basis. Our Bioscience team provides analytical services and full-spectrum testing using a combination of state-of-the-art equipment, skilled scientists, lab technicians, and proprietary methods, all housed in a 7,000-square-foot facility that make us one of the largest testing labs in Western Canada.
While this role is primarily administrative with some basic accounting support, it will also be a steward of culture for our Nanaimo team by providing a positive office experience, helping organize events and other team activities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as the first line of contact and maintain a positive and professional company image in all correspondence and in-person interactions with customers, visitors, vendors and Nanaimo team members.
- Maintain general email correspondence and answer/transfer phone calls.
- Maintain and improve upon the office space, ensure supplies are stocked and office procedures adhered to.
- Provide foundational accounting responsibilities including processing customer invoices, depositing customer payments, processing vendor payments.
- Maintain accurate, timely and organized employee records and supporting documents for vacation and payroll.
- Support the flow of operations- and accounting-related communications between the Nanaimo office and Vancouver HQ.
- Maintain accurate, timely and organized general office documents and records.
- Various special projects as required.
- At least 2 years of office administrative experience having managed offices of up to 40 people.
- Strong customer service and both written and verbal communication skills, with a professional and friendly demeanour.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills, with attention to detail.
- Comfortable learning new systems and software as they relate to the role.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite and Google Suite is required.
- Experience with Quickbooks would be an asset.
- Ability to work without supervision and be flexible to requests and business needs.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and act with discretion.