People Operations Manager
Numinus, a publicly listed company on the TSX-V ($NUMI), is creating an ecosystem of health solutions to develop and support the safe, evidence-based, accessible use of psychedelic-assisted therapies. With rates of mental health and addictions at an all-time high, we are driving the adoption of new treatments and approaches that use rigorous, up-to-date research and methodologies to support healing and wellbeing. We are driven by our vision of building a global movement that empowers everyone to connect - with self, others and the planet - and that brings health and wellness to all.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the People Operations Manager will join the People Operations team in Vancouver on a full-time basis and support multiple locations in Vancouver, Nanaimo, and North American-based clinics. You’ll be accountable for running the day-to-day people strategy and execution which includes talent experience, talent and program development and, alongside our recruiter, talent acquisition.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Senior HR generalist or current HR Manager who is looking to apply all they have learned to build the people function from scratch and create an award-winning environment focused on mental health and wellness.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Employee relations – we need you to be aware of the pulse of our team members, monitor the office vibe, and help us maintain a great team environment.
- Facilitate, administer, and develop talent development programs such as onboarding, learning & development, performance management, career development, and health & wellness.
- Develop, maintain, and administer Employee Handbook, Culture playbook, policies, and Numinus guidelines, ensuring Provincial and Federal compliance standards are met.
- Champion, coordinate, and develop progressive and innovative Employee Experience programs (ie. Celebration & Recognition, onboarding, offboarding, culture, etc.). Provide process and systems recommendations to support the evolution of our Employee Experience programs.
- Assist, support, and lead manager training and onboarding related to Employee Experience and Talent Development programs as required.
- Work with the Chief People Officer and VP, Communications & IR to build and support Employer Brand across social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter to ensure the Numinus Employee Value Proposition is shared and jobs are posted correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Champion diversity, inclusion, and belonging efforts internally at Numinus in collaboration with all stakeholders. Ensure these efforts encompass the recruitment process and promote diverse hiring.
- Alongside our contract recruiter, be responsible for managing the full life cycle of the recruiting process for all opportunities assigned and document interactions in our ATS. You are responsible for creating a leading candidate experience for all applicants to Numinus.
- Collaborate and manage relationships with hiring managers, HR peers, and external clients (applicants, candidates, etc.) in order to successfully fill open positions.
- Work with hiring managers to create job descriptions that are in compliance with federal and provincial regulations and ones that are effective in attracting new talent.
- Attend recruiting and networking events.
- Keep a pulse on compensation market trends to advise on Total Rewards Strategy/Philosophy and the Numinus pay brand. Assist with compensation and benefits management.
- Own all things Occupational Health & Safety to ensure all our offices are compliant with WorkSafe guidelines.
- Learn and deliver detailed metrics reporting to drive continuous process and strategy improvement.
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of progressive experience in a People-focused role such as an HR generalist, senior HR generalist, HR Manager, or equivalent in a rapid-changing start-up environment.
- You have earned a relevant post-secondary education in Human Resources or have equivalent experience.
- You can take a big picture perspective to identify and stay focused on what is most important, then dive in on the details to plan, develop, and execute seamlessly. You get excited at the idea of creating a program from scratch, implementing it, and supporting its impact on the organization.
- You thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, startup environment. You are highly motivated, dedicated, and comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- You are experienced with Google Suite, Slack, HRIS, and Performance Management software.
- You enjoy the challenge of change management and have the ability to bring people together to strive towards a common mission.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative work style and the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- You are comfortable navigating your way around Canadian and Provincial employment law, and you consider yourself a subject matter expert in this space.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CHRL, CPHR, SHRM, or SPHR designations.
- Experience in the Health & Wellness sector.
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and accessible work environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodation to ensure an equitable opportunity for all to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require any accommodation during the application or interview process, we strongly encourage you to let us know so that we can work with you to meet your needs.
Please apply online at www.numinus.ca/careers with a cover letter and resume no later than August 14th, 2020.
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.