Physician, General Practitioner
Numinus Wellness (TSX: NUMI) helps people to heal and be well through the development and delivery of innovative mental health and safe, evidence-based psychedelic-assisted therapies. The Numinus model - including psychedelic production, research, and clinic care - is at the forefront of a transformation aimed at healing rather than managing symptoms for a range of mental health concerns including depression, anxiety, trauma, pain and substance use. At Numinus, we are leading the integration of psychedelic-assisted therapies into mainstream clinical practice and building the foundation for a healthier society.
Our North Star
Be the most trusted brand in the psychedelic space.
We are bringing transformative healing to communities through innovative therapies backed by science and scalable operations.
A world where everyone feels connected and whole.
- Be in service to self and others
- Build something that captures our collective ideals
- Be dedicated to the art and the science
- Have courage to do the right thing
- Be committed to doing our part in the process of Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples
The Physician will be responsible for patient assessments, screening and prescribing as outlined in psychedelic assisted psychotherapy protocols. This position will be an integral part of our Vancouver clinic team and will carry out key functions related to providing competent, evidence-based, and trauma informed care for clients accessing services at Numinus.
- Act as the most responsible provider that has overall responsibility for directing and coordinating the medical care and management of patients assigned to them within the Practice.
- Prescribe medication in keeping with BC College of Physicians and Surgeons standards.
- Generate accurate charting notes for all required documentation in patient records
- Educate clients about client-specific pharmacotherapies used while accessing services and post-discharge.
- Provide education and guidance to clients in relation to therapies provided, including possible side effects and intended outcomes.
- Ensure policies and procedures are applied and used effectively to support the safety of clients, co-clients and staff.
- Provide ongoing risk assessments in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure the level of care is appropriate for risk (e.g. falls, suicide, violence) and, where applicable, implement intervention to mediate risk or transfer to the appropriate level of care.
- Participate in interdisciplinary meetings and collegially share information that will identify client strengths, concerns and assist clients in achieving their health and therapy goals.
- Participate in research where required.
- Collaborate with the Site Medical Director and Clinic team to ensure medical continuing education opportunities and standards are available and adhered to for the medical clinical team.
- Opportunities exist to provide psychotherapy in addition to medical services for qualified candidates.
- A Medical degree (M.D.) along with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in clinical medicine is required; a valid license to practice medicine is required.
- Good computer and electronic record skills.
- Experience managing client flow and working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience working to provide trauma-informed mental health care ideally with exposure. to mindfulness and process oriented psychotherapies considered an asset for this role.
- Experience with screening for, diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders.
- Experience working in start-ups and hyper-growth / quickly changing environments is an asset.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Candidates with experience and training in primary care and psychiatry will be considered.
At Numinus, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and accessible work environment. We welcome and celebrate differences because we believe a multitude of perspectives fosters innovation and will help us achieve our ultimate purpose of delivering the highest quality outcomes to the people we serve. Our culture is one of belonging in which each person is accepted and valued for their individuality. As such, if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know so we can work with you to meet your needs.
Pursuant to Section 41 in the BC Human Rights Code, preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry (First Nations, Métis or Inuit)
We thank all of those who take the time to apply; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.